Just a stone’s throw from the center of the active state capital, Garner possesses maintained its small-town charm whilst boasting a wonderful high quality of life because of hundreds of acres of award-winning parkland, an abundance of leisure and cultural arts possibilities and a broad variety of shopping as well as dining choices. Garner provides easy access to among the nation’s premier cities. Town citizens realize that they may be closer to downtown Raleigh (only 10 minutes!) compared to a lot of City of Raleigh residents–but not so close regarding erode the hometown believe that can make Garner special.
Superb arts, entertainment as well as leisure amenities can be found without actually leaving town limitations. It is possible to go to Garner Performing Arts Center (GPAC), situated at 742 W. Garner Rd. in the downtown hereditary district, and also catch a manufacturing by the Towne Players of Garner (known as “Best Community Theater in the Triangle”) or even a concert by a world-renowned performer producing a special look included in the acclaimed Broadway Voices series. When you attend the community’s yearly Showcase of Talent in Feb., you might see a budding star. “American Idol” winner as well as popular country music artist Scotty McCreery honed his skills at the GPAC special event, since did Miss North Carolina 2012 Arlie Honeycutt.
The City of Garner’s Parks, Recreation as well as Cultural Resources Division (garnernc.gov) carries a full slate of special occasions throughout the year. On Groundhog Day, White Deer Park hosts a conference featuring a furry prognosticator called Mortimer. In the spring, the department places on the Spring Eggstravaganza festival presenting the town’s annual egg hunt at Pond Benson Park. In early Dec., Garner’s downtown is changed into a holiday wonderland through the annual Light Up Main festival (presenting the yearly tree lighting ceremony) as well as the Garner Christmas Parade. Garner also has turn out to be a regional shopping mecca.
- Hit the Garner Performing Arts Center for a production by the Towne Players of Garner in order to see world-renowned entertainers throughout the Broadway Voices Series ( past designers include Norm Lewis, Ciaran Sheehan, Christiane Noll and more ).
- Outside enthusiasts are going to appreciate the charming scenery at Pond Benson Park, with fishing and also boating throughout the summer.
- If you think the requirement for speed, test your own skills on the quick track for certain indoor adult karting at Hurry Hour Karting. Hone your racing skills at speeds of practically 40 mph.
- Escape the determination and also bustle at Garner’s 96-acre, award-winning park, White Deer Park and also White Deer Park Nature Center. Children will like exploring the “sky chamber,” that is a fun play area reduce into the hillside that will serve the child’s creativity as a fort or castle, and also kid-safe climbing boulders.
- Dive into tasty food choices ! Local favorites include Kaze Japanese Steakhouse, Carolina Barbecue of Garner, Angie’s Restaurant and Aversboro Coffee.
- Join the natives with a dance take pleasure in live musical activities throughout the Music on Main downtown live performance series ( a great action to take for a family with kids ).
- Observe the beautifully-lit Garner Veterans Memorial after dinner. The Garner Veterans Memorial benefits pillars with the names of 67 Garner-area veterans that have died helping their country along with historical narrative about the wars and also conflicts in which the nation continues to be involved.
- Do not miss annual events, such as Groundhog Day predictions, Spring Eggstravaganza, Light Up Main, the Independence Day Celebration as well as the Garner Christmas Parade.
- History buffs are going to value Garner’s historic district, such as a number of industrial and home buildings of traditional and architectural significance.
- Additionally, visitors will get a glimpse into the town’s start at the Garner Station Historical Museum. Garner’s beginnings can be traced back to when the North Carolina Railroad crossed through the area in 1847, bringing commerce, economic development and a train station along with it.
Real Estate Interactive Global Network (REIGN) helps you search and post real estate listings. We are your one-stop shop on real estate for sale, its neighborhoods, surrounding areas and across the United States. If you’re looking to buy homes or sell a property in Nebraska check out our “Search Real Estate” and “Post a Real Estate“.