- Wood is a natural material, as well as wood oils, that may have a strongly anti-bacterial action.
- Wood floors, contrary to carpets, will not trap and even collect concentrations of harmful chemicals and dangerous gases, nor do they turn into homes for horrible parasites.
The World Health Organization, as well as other environmental bodies, suggests that in the needs of family health, consumers ought to seriously think about changing from carpet to wood floors.
- All of the carpets accommodate microscopic dust-mites, whose dung once breathed in happens to be shown to aggravate asthma also to activate allergies. Anticipates place the number of dust mites in a square meter of common household carpet at between 10,000 to 100,000. Carpets additionally have pet allergens, feces and also urine, flea as well as lice eggs, traces of excreta trodden in from the garden, and then substantial concentrations of toxic dust.
- The New Scientist claimed as of late as 2001 that: “A typical sample of household carpet dust sent to an environmental lab would ring alarm bells for high concentrations of heavy metals such as lead, cadmium and mercury, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs),” based on tests performed by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, (Source: New Scientist, 28 June 2001).
- A home with wooden floors and also rugs will contain only a tenth as much dust as a carpeted home.