Prefinished hardwood floors, with this kind of flooring it is finished in a factory setting, ready for the homeowner to install. There are many advantages to selecting this type of flooring, which include:
• Even more durable because the finish is done by using a substance called aluminum oxide which is harder compared to the polyurethane finish that is used on unfinished hardwood floors. These kinds of floors are less likely to dent or scratch providing the floors a good looking finish for countless years unlike unfinished hardwood floors that need to be refinished every few years.
• Easier to install since the floor is installed and can be used the same day it was installed. While unfinished hardwood floors, they should let the wood acclimate, install it, stain it, and allow it to dry before it can be finished, which can take several days.
• Offer a better look than hardwood that is unfinished as prefinished hardwood floors are available in many different sizes, textures, colors, and styles therefore homeowners can choose the look that is right for them.
Selecting the right prefinished hardwood floors. When you are looking for prefinished flooring options there are lots of things that you should bear in mind.
• Children-you must keep in mind the ages of any children in the house because different ages can cause different challenges. For instance, if you have toddlers, the hardwood floor should be easier to clean and more stain resistant. In case you have teenagers you might want flooring that is more scratch-resistant. The main thing is to select a floor that will last, particularly if you are not going to sell your home.
• Kind of wood and color-when searching for the color of wood for your prefinished hardwood floors look at the wood currently in your home and try to make sure that all colors coordinate if there is not an exact match.
• Ease of installation-if you want to install it yourself you should choose that type that locks together or glues down as you will not need as much technical skill. Many retail stores offer reduced or free installation.
• Price-this is a very important factor, especially if you have a tight budget. Indeed, you want a quality prefinished hardwood floor that can hold up to wear and tear and endure but you should have a price range and try to stick with it. Some even offer payment options if you cannot find the right flooring in your price range.
Make sure to check out several flooring and home improvement stores before making your final decision to ensure that you are getting the best deals.