One look around the city of Wendell and also you’ll discover why its motto is “Small Town, Big Charm.” Porch swings and also lush trees series Main Street, section of Wendell’s historic downtown, that is identified on the National Register of Hereditary Places. A lot of events are managed there all year round, such as the Wendell Harvest Festival, International Meals and Music Festival, Wendell Wonderland as well as Spring Fling. Take pleasure in live music each and every Fri. evening at Wine as well as Beer 101 or at Grounds Café. Sat. mornings are ideal for a trip to the Wendell Farmer’s Market (running May through October), where one can handpick fresh vegetables and fruit from local farmers. While you’re downtown, browse lots of different unique retailers, almost all while experiencing free Wi-Fi.
- For the outdoor fanatic, trek out to Robertson Millpond Preserve where one can rent kayaks and get around your way along Buffalo Creek. Or even enjoy miles of panoramic walking trails, disc golf, tennis, basketball, a brand new playground as well as a dog park for the four-legged friends at Wendell Park.
- Walk via Main Street as well as historic downtown Wendell, put on the National Register of Historic Areas, with homes and also buildings showing charming architecture. In down-town Wendell an array of local merchants, shops and also eateries lead to a great day out ( plus, free Wi-Fi offered by the city should make it simple to explore).
- Discover a wine ideal for your taste buds at Wine as well as Beer 101, downtown. They take great pride in by themselves on choosing the wine or beer that is just right for you. Find yourself in on wine tastings on Fridays and Saturdays as well as tap into beers from nearby breweries such as Trophy Brass Processing Plant, Raleigh Brewing Company, Lynnwood Brewing Issue and Nickelpoint Brewing Co.
- Kick back and also unwind at Grounds Café on Fri. evenings with reside music and great food, such as signature grilled cheeses, wraps, salads, quesadillas as well as “bar bites” (Buffalo chicken nachos and also stuffed sweet peppers, anyone?).
- Wondering how mood are made ? Quickly you can tour Oaklee Distilling Co., and also they are going to present their in-house process (presently merely open for special occasions and private parties). Housed in a beautifully-renovated creating originally built in 1929, Oaklee mills, distills and also bottles right in Wendell.
- Devote a perfect morning or an afternoon away on the golf course at Wendell Country Club, an 18-hole program that’s available to the public and also contains a fully-stocked pro shop, plus Divots Grill, open up for breakfast and also lunch seven days a week.
- ommit a nice afternoon (or an entire day) at Wendell Park. Find yourself in a round of disc golf, permit the kids to discover the playground, allow the four-legged friends frolic in the dog park, attempt your hands in a game of tennis, establish a picnic for the whole family plus even more.
- Step back in time as well as enjoy a relaxed day of canoeing, kayaking or even fishing at Robertson Millpond Preserve. Soak in the web sites of the historic mill dam along with the bald cypress habitats.
- Saturdays are ideal for choosing fresh fruits and vegetables from nearby farmers at the Wendell Farmer’s Market. Will also get delicious, local jam, jelly, breads and to treat your buddies to back at home.
- Disk drive through the the local-favorite Wendell Wonderland, presenting Lake Myra Christmas Lights vacation decorations as well as other lights displays all through downtown Wendell. Also, the Wendell Traditional Society puts on the town’s 4th of July celebration, a great chance to experience Wendell’s charm, with a parade, free hot dogs even more. And mark your own calendar for the Halloween Treat Trail (did somebody say, “hay rides ?”).
- Enjoy a number of cultures as well as their cuisines during the International Food and Songs Festival on the third Sat. in Sept., presenting authentic foods from a lot of countries : Dominican Republic rice chicken, Ecuadoran fried plantains, Filipino Manila Bay barbecue, Polish pierogies as well as Salvadoran pupusas, to name just a few, along with homemade desserts. Seems like a “can’t miss,” huh, foodies?
Real Estate Interactive Global Network (REIGN) helps you search and post real estate listings. We are your one-stop shop on real estate for sale, its neighborhoods, surrounding areas and across the United States. If you’re looking to buy homes or sell a property in Nebraska check out our “Search Real Estate” and “Post a Real Estate“.